I’m not a TV watcher; I never have been. These days, we don’t have cable service but just rely on Netflix for the evening entertainment needs around our house. However, one of few series that I consider indispensable viewing is Dexter. The characters are wonderful (particularly Dexter himself), the scenery is lovely and the plot twists are so fun. It’s no surprise that Dexter is one of my all-time favorite TV characters since he fits my standard profile of intelligent, socially-awkward misfit who has trouble connecting with other people.
Sidebar: Other characters on my list of super-favorites include:
- Sheldon Cooper (Big Bang Theory)
- Buster Bluth (Arrested Development)
- Walter Bishop (Fringe)
- Benedict Cumberbatch’s Sherlock Holmes (BBC Sherlock)
Okay, okay, Buster is a bit of an oddball, but more about those characters in a later blog post.
Getting Back to Dexter…
Being the major Dexter fan that I am, I’ve been doing some browsing around online to check out fan sites and communities. Doing so has also gotten me really interested in checking out the book series that inspired the TV series. I very rarely make time for fiction reading, but I think this shall be one of those exceptions! Here are some great online Dexter resources I’ve come across lately:
- Ten Reasons to Watch Dexter – Gotta love a list post and this one is spot-on.
- Art by Ty Mattson – Artist who creates prints and wearable art inspired by the events of the show and the art deco style of Dexter’s hometown.
- Slice of Life: Fan Site – Super detailed fan site that contains information on all of my major/supporting characters and each season of the show.
- 10 Biggest Fan Gripes About the Final Season – Most fans I know were pretty disgruntled with how everything wrapped up on this show; check out some reasons why.
- Dexter: The Complete Series – I alreadyown the complete series , but I may have to invest in this blood slide collection-style case one day.